Asset Africa Institute, (www.assetafrica.co.ke), is pleased to announce the following seminar
Date: 23-26 May 2017 Venue: Nairobi, Kenya Cost: USD 750
SPSS Training Brief
This 4 day training, which is based on the latest knowledge on SPSS, is a specialist seminar designed to sharpen your statistical and data analysis skills. SPSS is a statistical and data analysis program for NGO community based programs, researchers, governments, academic organizations including universities and top colleges and businesses.
While greatly emphasizing on clarity, interpretation, communication and applications, the course also covers all the basics of SPSS - from importing spreadsheets to creating regression models, to exporting charts and export presentation graphics.
By the end of the training, you will be able to demonstrate each one of the competencies below:
- Enter data and ensure that your project is compliant with reporting requirements
- Provide quality control of data entry processes in your organization
- Build charts, scatter plots and box plots
- Calculate descriptive statistics such as means and standard deviations
- Use inferential statistics such as t-tests and chi-squares
- Create new variables and cross tabulations
- Model associations with correlations, contingency tables and multiple-regression analysis
- Format and export presentations to share your data
- Train other organization data entry staff on data entry, reading and interpreting data and data quality
- Design and maintain good data
Training Course Content
- Overview of SPSS
- Introduction & Statistical terms
- Using the Help System
- Sources and Organization of Data
- Reading Data from Other formats to SPSS
- Using the Data Editor
- Working with Outputs
- Creating a Database Template
- Examining Summary Statistics for Individual Variables
- Merging Files
- Identifying Duplicate Cases- Sorting cases, Selecting cases, Splitting Files & Merging Files
- Recode into Same and Different Variables & Multiple Response Variables
- Simple linear Regression Analysis, Covariance Analysis, Interpretation & representation of SPSS
- Computing Variables & Modifying Data Values
- Cross tabs, Contingency tables Cross-tabulations & Significant Levels
- Creating and Editing Charts
- Compare means
- One-Sample T Test & Regression
- Time Saving Features
This is a highly interactive and practical seminar modeled along adult learning methodologies of lecturing, group discussions, plenary presentations, brainstorming, simulation and practical demonstrations to lift the participants to high levels of proficiency.
The gathering will also provide an opportunity to link participants with senior scholars and consultants who can offer further guidance beyond the scope of the seminar.
Features of the Seminar
- 4 day, 8-10 hours of classroom sessions and tutorials
- Reading and reference material
- Rigorous hands-on practice on data analysis skills
- Free Post seminar follow up support
- Free SPSS software for training purposes
- Certificate for participation
Who to attend: Program Managers/Officers, Project Managers/Officers, Planning Personnel, Post Graduate Students (Masters and PhD), Independent Researchers, Career Scholars M & E Specialists, M & E Staff, M & E advisors, and Consultants who want to expand their knowledge in this filed.
For more information please regarding the training, please email: email@example.com
About the Organization
Asset Africa Institute (www.assetafrica.co.ke)-AAI- has distinguished itself as the training provider of choice among development organizations. AAI specializes in the research, design and delivery of high quality and affordable training programs for development workers worldwide. We work with a team of high end consultant base of more than 130 highly educated and experienced professionals many of whom are involved in post doctoral research work. Over the years, AAI has provided consultancies and training to such reputable organizations as: Federal University, Birnin Kebbi-Nigeria, African Institute for Capacity Development (AICAD),Norwegian Church Aid-Zambia, ACOMIN-Nigeria, Tear Fund-DRC, CLEEN Organization-Nigeria, Love Botswana Outreach Mission, Islamic Relief-Somalia, National Museums of Kenya, Cornerstone Development-Uganda, International Organization for Immigration (South Sudan), Save Your Generation (SYG)-Ethiopia, Africa Rice Center (Africa Rice)-Benin, Rwanda Union of the Blind, Sasakawa Africa Association-Ethiopia, Harare Institute of Technology, Care International-Mali, Africa Centre of Excellence in Oilfield Chemicals Research (CEFOR) University of Port Harcourt, Nigeria, Mazommo Construction Company-Liberia, Addis Ababa University, among others.