- Declaration of Helsinki 2008 (DoH)
- Good participatory practice guidelines for biomedical HIV prevention trials 2011 (GPP)
- International Conference on Harmonisation Good Clinical Practice Guidelines for Clinical Trials (ICH GCP)
- International Ethical Guidelines for Biomedical Research Involving Human Subjects (CIOMS)
- International Ethical Guidelines for Epidemiological Studies (CIOMS for Epidemiological Studies)
- Standards and Operational Guidance for Ethics Review of Health-Related Research with Human Participants. Geneva, WHO, 2011.
- Nuffield Council on Bioethics. The ethics of research related to healthcare in developing countries. London, 2002.
- Department of Human and Health Services (USA). Code of Federal Regulations Title 45: Public Welfare, Part 46: Protection of Human Subjects.
- Putting women first: Ethical and safety recommendations for research on domestic violence against women. Geneva, World Health Organization, 2001.
- WHO Ethical and safety recommendations for researching, documenting and monitoring sexual violence in emergencies. Geneva, World Health Organization, 2007.
- WHO. Research Ethics in International Epidemic Response. Geneva, The World Health Organization (WHO), 2011.
- UNAIDS/WHO. Ethical Considerations in Biomedical HIV Prevention Trials. UNAIDS/WHO guidance document. Geneva, Joint United Nations Programme on HIV/AIDS (UNAIDS) and the World Health Organization, 2007.
Declarations and Agreements:
- Oveido Convention. Council of Europe. Convention for the Protection of Human Rights and Dignity of the Human Being with regard to the Application of Biology and Medicine: Convention on Human Rights and Biomedicine. Strasbourg, Council of Europe, 1997.
- UNESCO. International Declaration on Human Genetic Data. United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization, 2003.
- UNESCO. Universal Declaration on Bioethics and Human Rights. Paris, United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization, 2005.
- UNESCO. Universal Declaration on the Human Genome and Human Rights. Paris, United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization, 1997.
- World Trade Organization. The Agreement on Trade- Related Aspects of Intellectual Property Rights. Geneva, World Trade Organization, 1994.