The Global Health Network is proud to announce the launch of a new free and open access e-learning resource; Essential Elements of Ethics. This comprehensive and substantial course has been adapted from an Ethics Toolkit designed and produced by the Multi Regional Clinical Trial Center at Harvard University.
Essential Elements of Ethics provides guidance and suggestions on key ethical questions for clinical researchers as they write study protocols and ethics committees as they review protocols.
This eleven part modular course includes the following topics:
- Addressing Relevant Question
- Choice of Control and Standard of Care
- Choice of Study Design
- Choice of Participant Population
- Potential Benefits and Harms
- Informed Consent
- Community Engagement
- Return of Research Results and Management of Incidental Findings
- Post Trial Access
- Payment for Participation
- Study Related Injury
To find out more and to take the course please visit the Global Health Training Centre