This blog is closed to new posts due to inactivity. The post remains here as part of the network’s archive of useful research information. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.
Deadline for abstract submission: Monday 24 July midday GMT.
Abstract submission is now open for our first East African Research in Progress meeting, in partnership with LSHTM. We are particularly seeking abstracts from early career scientists and clinicians. Cash prizes will be awarded to the presenter of the best papers and the best posters. All prize-winners will be encouraged to submit a short communication for the RSTMH website, or for one of the RSTMH journals.
Guidelines for abstract submission:
- Provide a concise and factual account of research in progress rather than a report on completed work;
- State briefly the purpose of the research, the principal results and major conclusions, in no more than 250 words;
- Non-standard or uncommon abbreviations should be defined at their first mention;
- If references are essential they must be cited in full, but they cannot be included in the published abstract.
- The abstract should stand alone and not include phrases such as “as I will show/you will see/will be discussed at the meeting …”;
For more information, please click here