This course should take 30-40 minutes to complete
A certificate is issued once a minimum of 80% is achieved in the final quiz section.
Good data management is key to maintaining, processing. analysing and storing high quality data. This course provides an overview and guide to this important element of the research process and is aimed at everyone involved in clinical research.
Upon completion of this course, you will have an understanding of:
- What data management is and the purpose of a data management plan
- The factors to be considered in the design and type of a case report form
- What should be taken into account when completing and data entering a case report form and closing the data set
- Considerations for data analysis
- What is important when deciding on a data management system
The Global Health Training Centre is built through the support and partnership of the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, the World-Wide Antimalarial Resistance Network and the East African Consortium for Clinical Research.
- Mary Logan - Global Health Network Training Manager
- Andy Burke - CTSU, Oxford University.
This module has been funded by the WorldWide Antimalarial Resistance Network (WWARN).
This course is based on the material very kindly supplied by:
- Truphosa Omollo - Drugs for Neglected Diseases initiative (DNDi) Data Centre.
- Lesley Workman - Division of Clinical Pharmacology, University of Cape Town.
Use and reproduction of these elearning materials:
These e-learning materials are owned by The Global Health Network. You are free to share or adapt this material but you must attribute it to The Global Health Network using the link www.theglobalhealthnetwork.org.