This course aims to:
- Present some of the history of Open Access and its implications for science communication.
- Help you understand a little more about the main concepts, historic milestones, different forms of applications, and various initiatives both on the international scene and Brazilian experiences of Open Access.
- Present the practical modalities of peer review and introduce the concept of immediate publication or preprints as an alternative to accelerate the dissemination of scientific research.
This course is for researchers and postgraduate students interested in scientific research.
Structure and duration
The course has a duration of 10 hours and is structured in 5 classes.
The course includes an online multiple-choice final assessment, in which the certificate of completion is issued upon obtaining 80% of correct answers.
- Ana Beatriz Aguiar Slaibi Lopes - Health management analyst at Oswaldo Cruz Foundation (Fiocruz), with experience in the Vice Presidency of Education, Information and Communication, in the Coordination of Information and Communication (Fiocruz, Brazil).
- Paula Xavier dos Santos - coordinator of information and communication at Oswaldo Cruz Foundation (Fiocruz) and coordinator of the Open Science Management Committee and the Observatory in Science, Technology and Innovation in Health of Fiocruz (Brazil).
- Abel Parker - Scielo Programme Director.
- Adeilton Brandão - Researcher at Oswaldo Cruz Institute - Fiocruz and Editor-in-Chief of the international scientific journal “Memórias do Instituto Oswaldo Cruz” (Brazil).
- Ana Cristina da Matta Furniel - Coordinator of Fiocruz Virtual Campus (Brazil).
- Ana Maranhão - Public Health Technologist, Institute of Communication and Scientific and Technological Information in Health (Fiocruz, Brazil).
- Ana Paula Bernardo Mendonça - Public Health Technologist at Fiocruz (Brazil).
- Bianca Amaro - General Coordinator of Research and Maintenance of Consolidated Products of the Brazilian Institute of Information in Science and Technology (Instituto Brasileiro de Informação em Ciência e Tecnologia – IBICT, Brazil).
- Claudete Fernandes - Public Health Technologist at Fiocruz, acting in the technical coordination of the Institutional Repository Arca (Fiocruz, Brazil).
- Eloy Rodrigues - Director of Documentation Services of the University of Minho (Portugal), former member of the European University Association (EUA) Working Group on Open Access, responsible for developing the Foster Programme (Fostering the practical implementation of Open Science in Horizon 2020 and beyond) of the European Union.
- Flavia Lobato - Communication Analyst, Fiocruz (Brazil).
- João Canossa - Executive Editor of Fiocruz Publishing House (Brazil).
- Luciana Danielli - Librarian at Fiocruz of the Information Section of Information and Communication Technology Center of ICICT, and coordinates the Virtual Health Library - Fiocruz (Brazil).
- Roberta Cerqueira - Executive editor of the scientific journal História, Ciências, Saúde - Manguinhos and Editor of the Portal of Periodicals of Fiocruz (Brazil).
- Sarita Albagli - Collaborating researcher of the Brazilian Institute of Information in Science and Technology (IBICT) and Coordinator of the Interdisciplinary Laboratory on Information and Knowledge (Laboratório Interdisciplinar sobre Informação e Conhecimento - Liinc - Rio de Janeiro, Brazil).
- Solange Santos - Scielo (Brazil).
- Vanessa Arruda - Coordination of Information and Communication of the Vice-Presidency of Education, Information and Communication (VPEIC) (Brazil).
- Viviane Veiga - Institute of Communication and Scientific and Technological Information in Health (Icict/Fiocruz)
Organised by the Vice-Presidency of Education, Information and Communication (VPEIC/Fiocruz), through the Virtual Campus of the Oswaldo Cruz Foundation (Fiocruz), Brazil. This course is the result of a partnership between the Information and Communication Coordination (VPEIC/Fiocruz, Brazil), Fiocruz Corporate School (Brazil), and University of Minho (Portugal) responsible for the development of the Foster Programme (Fostering the practical implementation of Open Science in Horizon 2020 and beyond) of the European Union.
Your feedback is greatly appreciated; please take a couple of minutes to tell us your thoughts on these courses: